Food Program Research
Students will research a food program and write an essay.
- complete research on their assigned food program.
- write an essay that shares the work and effectiveness of the program.
computers for research and typing
Assign the various federal food programs to individual students to research:
- supplemental food program for women, infants and children
- national school breakfast program
- national school lunch program
- summer food program
- emergency food program
Students write a paper that includes the following:
- the program’s establishment, target population and services offered
- the rate and effectiveness in reducing hunger/poverty
- the roadblocks to eligibility and access
- a summary view on whether or not this is an effective program and why
See rubric for essay assessment guidelines.