Thirty-Hour Famine Project
Ask the participants what organizations in their community are working to address the needs of people who are hungry. Ask them to define empathy. Tell them that the 3-minute video they are about to watch is about young people who wanted to raise awareness of hunger globally and locally.
- Why do students want to participate in this project? What do they hope to accomplish?
- What do you think their next step will be?
- What is the value of empathy in addressing needs of the community?
- What do you think young people can do to impact local or global hunger?
- What is the percentage of young people in your community who are food insecure? Is it more or less than the global percentage?