Evaluating Our Success
- evaluate the success of the service project.
- Chart Paper
Anticipatory Set:Ask the students to pat their head if they feel their service project gave them something. Ask them to wave their right hand if they feel the service project gave something to their community. Ask them to stand up if they feel the class accomplished what they set out to do when they began their service project.
- Divide the class into groups of four
- Tell the students that they will work in groups to ‘evaluate’ their service project.
- Ask the students to fold a large piece of paper in half. Ask the students to draw and/or write the most important thing the class wanted to accomplish when they began the service project on one side of the paper, and on the other side draw a picture of their own face indicating how they felt about the service project.
- Then have the students write a large Yes or No on the first side if they think the goal was accomplished, and a large Yes or No on the second side indicating if they would like to do more service projects. Have them write a paragraph to defend their choices.
Strand PHIL.IV Volunteering and Service
Standard VS 05. Integrating the Service Experience into Learning
Benchmark E.1 Describe the process of program evaluation.