Kids Are Philanthropists Too! Podcast and Discussion Guide
Listen to Kids!
Do you want to better understand how kids see and interpret the world? Want to know more about social issues? Hosted by The Giving Square, these podcasts and discussions dive into important questions and spark listeners to reflect on their own identity and empathy.
The series "Kids are Philanthropists, Too!" demonstrates what we all can learn from young people who have embraced their philanthropic identity and capacities. Each episode is linked below with questions and activities to expand your perspective and actions.
Theme: Health Challenges
We cover physical health challenges as experienced by kids and adults. Listen to hear their perspectives and get some new ideas for how to support friends and loved ones dealing with health challenges.
Our 10-12-year-old co-hosts are Jayden, Alona, Leo, Ismahil, Ibrahim and Sam, all part of The Giving Square community.
Health Challenges Overview and Episodes
Theme: Immigrant and Refugee Experiences
We explore immigrant and refugee experiences through stories. What surprises you about the tough things people encounter and move through?
Our 10-12-year-old co-hosts are Jaydon, Leo, Alona, Isamhil, Ibrahim, and Sam, all part of The Giving Square community.
Immigrant and Refugee Experiences Overview and Episodes
- "Wait... What Did Your Parents Go Through?" - Activity and Podcast
- "How Did a Nun, a Farmer, and a Teacher Help a Refugee?" - Activity and Podcast
- "What Is it Like to Be a New Immigrant and a Mom?" - Activity and Podcast
- "What Is the Refugee Experience Like for Kids Today?" - Activity and Podcast
- "What Is it Like Having Recently Come to the United States as a Child?" - Activity and Podcast
Kids share their thoughts about grief. We hear personal stories of loss and experiencing feelings of grief over time.
Our 10-12-year-old podcast hosts are Aoife, Rita, Jayden, and Alona, all part of The Giving Square community.
Grief Overview and Episodes
- "How Do Children Experience Grief?" - Activity and Podcast
- "What Happens to Grief over Time?" - Activity and Podcast
This podcast provides a perfect opportunity to hear kids talk with intelligence, maturity and empathy about personal and social issues. Listening and discussing is the perfect way to start conversations with other young people about issues and ways to respond to needs in the community.